Posted on

Media and a Memory

Considering that you are, presumably, sentient, you probably have something from your past that you really liked. Depending on when you were born, it may have been anything from an old train set to a perhaps not quite as old iPad, though I’m going to take a wild guess and say most people reading this blog lived too long for an iPad to be part of your early childhood. Anyways, for me, this thing was my GameCube.

At the time, the GameCube was the newest gaming console from Nintendo, coming before the Wii. When I first saw it, considering before then I had TV and Dr. Seuss for entertainment,  it was mind blowing. You could actually interact with it and the outcome was based on your own abilities? It was unheard of! Unfortunately, it did belong to my brother, but after seeing how much I liked it, he left it for me when he went to college. I would play it at every chance I got, and it was wonderful.

Though I’m more of a PC gamer today, it was the thing that introduced me to gaming, and without it, I might not be the gamer I am today.